Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Unpacking all those boxes

I still had quite a few boxes in the hallway. Well, probably about 15. And that's just the back hallway. Anyway, armed with my new question: "What would make this place beautiful?" I am making amazing progress.

I emptied three very large boxes labeled "decorations" or maybe "decorations/photo". I have not dealt with the photos yet - this is my biggest organizational challenge, I think.

But I have consolidated all of the decorations into one box. These are decorations I am not going to bother with in this apartment (which we will be leaving within a year.)

Okay, actually I still have one more box of decorations I haven't looked through yet. But I've made decisions about the stuff in 2.5 boxes!! That is great, especially since I did it all in one day. And it was a very busy day - I wasn't even home for 6 hours.

I am planning on emptying this hallway so it can become a "kids' area" - at least temporarily. It's a very wide hallway, almost like a room. I am trying to figure out how to fill it beautifully with a few shelves of art supplies, a kids' table and chairs, maybe a kids' papasan, a kids' workbench, a shelf full of puzzles, games, and photo albums, all the kids' books, a trunk of dress - up clothes, a mirror, a chalkboard, an "inspiration wire" (for hanging art) a shelf made into a puppet theater. This is my task for the next few days! It will be fun because it's going to look cool when I'm done.

No comments: