Sunday, June 7, 2009

Should I Just Hire a Housekeeper?

I keep fantasizing about hiring someone to come over here and clean the whole place. I have only hired this once in my life - a year ago when we were moving out of our single-family home. It was so dreamy, I couldn't believe I hadn't been doing it all along. But it seems so weird to hire a cleaner for my apartment. It seems to me that you are supposed to be able to keep apartments clean, because they are just so much less difficult to clean than houses.

In any case, the thought of picking up so a cleaner can come here is very daunting. But I have just hired a bellydancing instructor to come here for five Wednesday nights in a row, to teach a group of women. So I guess I'll have to pick it up anyway.

There is a stigma about hiring a housecleaner - especially when you're "staying home" with your kids. But you know what? I used to be a housecleaner, and if I had charged what I should have, it would have been an awesome job!

No comments: