Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wine & Taxes

I just had a consultation with the local arts organization. One thing the guy was talking to me about was taxes. He said I "should" get a coupon filer-thing for my business expenses, and then label each tab "transportation," "office expenses," "repairs and maintenance," etc.. But then he said, "Or, what *I* do is just shove all my receipts in a manila envelope and then once a year I get a bottle of wine and spend the evening going through all my receipts."

This is the kind of thing I love. This guy is a composer. He is working *with* his lifestyle instead of against it!

I keep thinking of other things I could do with a bottle of wine. Spend the evening going through the giant 80-gallon Rubbermaid tub I have which is full of "miscellany" a.k.a. thousands of things, most of which are less than 3" square???

Suddenly it seems so luxurious. Wine, dim lighting, and just the right music. . . I think it could be a really good time.

No comments: